Visa applicants must submit their application in person and enroll their biometric (fingerprints) at the time of submission if they are 12 years old and above.
Applications for visas require minimum 3 to 5 days for nationalities without EU consultation and minimum 15 – 20 days for nationalities which require EU and national consultation. Note: It is recommended that you apply early as processing period could take longer than the usual processing time. Please call or email for appointment.
The Embassy reserves the right to call on applicants for interview if further details or documents are required.
- Original application form duly completed, dated and signed. Note: For children under 18 years old, both parents must sign the application/declaration form. Passport copies of the father and mother and the birth certificate have to be attached.
- Original passport (must be at least 6 months valid from the date of travel) with at least 2 empty pages
- 1 recent passport size photograph (white background) – not older than 6 months.
- Original or copy of Travel/Medical Insurance covering the territory of the Member States of the Schengen agreement and with minimum coverage of EUR 30, 000 for medical expenses.
- Confirmed flight reservations/booking (with either booking reference or ticket number).
- Proof of Accommodation:
In the case of an individual visit the reservation of accommodation (hotel reservation) provided that you paid a deposit or have to pay a cancellation fee.
- If owning a property in Hungary, copy of proof of ownership.
- Invitation letter (with attached passport copy and accommodation proof).
- For non-GCC nationals:
- Original employment certificate referring to the permission granted for leave duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the business entity.
- Updated and recent salary certificate.
- Educational institution enrolment certificate referring to the permission granted for leave duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the institution if the travel is taking place during the academic year.
- Original bank account statement of the applicant or in case of student his/her sponsor’s for the last six month duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the bank.
- Original certificate of registration in case of self-employed duly signed and stamped by an authorized person.
- Kuwait residence permit must be valid until the date of return and passport must contain 2 empty pages.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONSUL MAY REQUEST OTHER DOCUMENTS AS WELL TO BE SUBMITTED.
- Under normal circumstance, applications can be processed within 5 working days for GCC passport holders and other nationalities above could be processed within 10-21 days.
- The above period does not guarantee that applications will be processed within that certain duration; the period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed or in cases of representation where the authorities of the represented Member State are consulted.
- Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.