Family Members/Close Relatives of EU/EEA citizens (excluding Hungarian nationals)
- In order for you to be eligible to a more favourable visa procedure as a family member of a national of a European Union Member State, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Switzerland (hereafter: EEA citizens) you are requested to provide evidence that:
1. Your close family member who is EEA citizen is visiting or returning to Hungary.
Close family members are:
- the spouse;
- the partner with whom the EEA citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the basis of the legislation of any EEA country, if the legislation of the host Member State treats registered partnership as equivalent to marriage;
- the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependent as well as those of the spouse or partner as defined above; or
- the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as defined above.
2. You are actually traveling or joining with your close family member to his/her trip to Hungary.
- The Embassy reserves the right to call on applicants for interview if further details or documents are required.
- Original application form duly completed, dated and signed. Note: For children under 18 years old, both parents must sign the application/declaration form. Passport copies of the father and mother and the birth certificate have to be attached.
- Original passport (must be at least 6 months valid from the date of travel) with at least 2 empty pages.
- 1 recent passport size photograph (white background) – not older than 6 months
- Original or copy of Travel/Medical Insurance covering the territory of the Member states of the Schengen agreement and with minimum coverage of EUR30, 000 for medical expenses.
- Confirmed flight reservations/booking (with either booking reference or ticket number).
- Copy of the passport or ID card of the EEA citizen who is your close family member.
- Original certificate of marriage registered in a European Union Member State, Iceland, Lichtenstein Norway or Switzerland
- Original certificate of registration of partnership in a European Union Member State, Iceland, Lichtenstein Norway or Switzerland
- Original birth certificate registered in a European Union Member State, Iceland, Lichtenstein Norway or Switzerland;
- Your airplane ticket booking as well as that of the EEA citizen who is your close family member if you are traveling together to Hungary;
Kindly make note that if any of the following documents are not presented when lodging application you will not be able to claim your EEA family member status.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONSUL MAY REQUEST OTHER DOCUMENTS AS WELL TO BE SUBMITTED. Please call or email for appointment.